JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The job vacancy announcement is provided pursuant to the FCC’s Equal Opportunities Rule for Broadcasters, 47 C.F.R. 73.2080, to emphasize outreach in recruitment to all qualified job candidates and banish discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin or gender.
The following job order is sent to you courtesy of BCS on behalf of the listed station.
If you can identify a prospective applicant for this position, please follow the contact information listed below. This posting should be removed on the date listed.
Position: Chief Engineer
Company: SummitMedia, LLC
Station(s): KCCN-FM, KINE-FM, KKNE-AM, KPHW-FM, KRTR-FM, KRTR-AM Job Type: fulltime
Compensation: 50,000-70,000 / year
- Hands-on FM, HD and AM transmitter experience plus digital audio and audio streaming Ability to inspect, repair, and maintain all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antenna`s, satellite downlinks, automation systems, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
- Knowledge of FCC Rules and Regulations and FCC General Class License or SBE Certifications are a plus
- Strong verbal and writing communications skills, time management skills including ability to multi-task in a multiple project environment
- Experience in project planning, management and execution
- IT & Network knowledge and experience including PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure
- Must have a valid driverâ€™s license
- Must be a team player with a commitment to relationship-building, both internally and externally.
- Must be able to travel when needed
The chief engineer is responsible for the technology necessary to put the station’s broadcast “on-the-air” within the station’s licensed range. The engineer works to maintain existing broadcasting capabilities and provide quick solutions to problems that may arise with the transmitter, tower, satellite receiver and other related equipment.
Medical, Dental, Drug & Vision
- Minimum 5 years broadcast engineering experience with at least four years of college or technical school and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Date Available: 4/6/2017
Fax: 808 275-1198
Instructions: ADDITIONAL DETAILS
Rhoda Kihikihi 900 Fort St. Suite 700, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax: 275-1198
No phone calls
qualified applicant will be notified for interview
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the creation of a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate, and provide benefits and privileges to individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Our company is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
This job notice expires: 5/1/2017